First Open Call (closed)
XR4ALL launched an open call to attract, select, and provide financial support to third parties to develop new XR solutions
Project acronym: XR4ALL
Project grant agreement number: 825545
Project full name: eXtended Reality for All
XR4ALL, co-funded from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 825545, foresees as an eligible activity the provision of financial support to third parties, as a mean to achieve its own objectives. XR4ALL launches this open call to attract, select, and provide financial support to third parties (outstanding XR research teams from organisations such as SMEs, research institutions, and academia) to develop new XR solutions (e.g. plugins for games engines such as Unity, low level components based on open APIs, standards and frameworks such as SolAR, or any XR Application) using the XR developers platform and publishing their solution on the XR Solutions Catalogue.
Projects selected through the open call are able to receive a maximum of €50,000 by undergoing two support phases with specific deliverables. Once completed projects will receive €10,000 for phase 1 and €40,000 for phase two. Their specifics are as follows:
- Phase1 – Concept validation (2 months): Projects in this phase need to expand upon and validate their concept from a business and a technical perspective. The funding for this phase is €10,000 as a lump sum. Only the projects which submitted the required deliverables for this phase, on time, and were evaluated to have sufficient quality will receive funding. Based on an evaluation at the end of the first phase, only the best rated projects will be admitted to the second phase and therefore be able to develop the proposed solution. We expect to fund up to 50 projects in phase 1 from which, up to 25 projects will be admitted to phase 2. Each of these projects will enter the first phase following selection after each one of the 4 cut-off dates.
- Phase 2 – Development and integration (4 months): Projects admitted in this phase will undertake to develop a working version of the proposed solution, a tested Minimum Viable Product. Furthermore, the working version of the solution, or a limited functionality version, will be promoted on the XR Solutions Catalogue. The funding for this phase is €40,000 as a lump sum. Only the projects which submitted the required deliverables for this phase, on time, and were evaluated to have sufficient quality will receive funding.
The total funding to be sub-granted by XR4ALL is €1,500,000. This is broken down to a maximum of 50 projects in phase 1, receiving each a funding of €10,000 (€500,000 in total). Following phase 1, up to 25 projects will be admitted to phase 2 with a corresponding funding of €40,000 per project (€1m in total). The maximum amount granted per project is therefore €50,000.
Interested parties can apply before one of the 3 cut-off dates for the open call which are:
- 29/11/2019 at 17:00 (Brussels time) – Closed
- 26/06/2020 at 17:00 (Brussels time) – Closed
- 16/11/2020 at 17:00 (Brussels time) – Will open at a later stage
The XR4ALL open call for applications is now closed. The basic information needed to guide potential applicants in preparing a proposal are included in the Guide for Applicants and it is available on our page about the open call. This gives instructions on how to structure a proposal, how to submit it, and the criteria on which it will be evaluated as well as the way the selected projects will be managed.
Additional questions received by XR4ALL will be answered directly and used to form an FAQ to be made available to all potential applicants via the XR4ALL website.
XR4ALL open call at a glance:
- Maximum amount of financial support: € 50,000 as a lump sum
- Financial support phases & expected duration of participation:
- Phase1 – Concept validation (2 months)
- Phase 2 – Development and integration (4 months)
- Call identifier: XR4ALL Open call for proposals
- Application deadline: 4 cut-off dates: 29/11/2019; 31/01/2020; 30/04/2020 and 31/07/2020
- Who can apply: XR research teams from legal organisations based in one of the EU Member States (MS), one of the Overseas Countries and Territories (OCT) linked to a MS of the EU, an H2020 Associated Country (AC) or one of the other countries listed in the General Annex A of the Horizon 2020 Work Programme 2018-2020. This can for instance include but not limited to SMEs, industry, research institutions, academic institutions.
- Language: Application forms can only be filled in English. The working language for all XR4ALL support will be English.
- Web link for further information: www.xr4all.eu/opencall
- Email address for further information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Evaluation criteria:
- Technical excellence (minimum threshold 3/5)
- Potential impact (minimum threshold 3/5)
- Capacity of the team to implement the proposed project (minimum threshold 3/5).