Image&3D Europe acts as the controller with regard to the processing of your personal data, which it can obtain (i) directly from you, or (ii) indirectly through online and offline research or through third parties, such as subcontractors, partners or contracting parties.
2. Legal framework
3.2. The purposes and activities of Image&3D Europe/XR4ALL are, i.a.,
- Interact with peers and major players in the EU XR tech scene through a dedicated forum and events; find out about cutting edge EU XR research through reports, industry mappings, interviews and webinars,
- focusing on promoting the XR Technologies and best practices ,
- collecting, hosting, providing and publishing up-to-date, reliable information on XR Technologies and maintaining a comprehensive source of information on international professionals and researchers, their activities and concerns, and their meetings activities (Image&3D Europe collects personal data e.g. name, professional contact details and functions to appear in its yearbooks, biographies etc.),
- providing direct marketing regarding its activities such as updates, newsletters, direct marketing info brochures, emails, event invitations, marketing materials, information regarding the organizations mentioned in the XR4ALL’s member database and other information that may be useful to you,
- informing third parties (subcontractors, partners and contracting parties) in this respect,
- creating a member database and collecting information in this respect
- prospecting new members.
4. Legal basis and applicability
4.1. The legal basis for the processing of personal data is: (i) your free, specific, informed and unambiguous consent to Image&3D Europe, its partners or contracting parties to process your personal data. You can give your consent by any means, such as, but not limited to telephone, mail, email and an online or offline consent form; and/ or (ii) the agreement or membership you have entered into the XR4ALL web portal regarding one of its activities set out in article 3.
5. Personal data
5.1. The personal data on the XR4ALL web portal can process are, i.a.: first name, name, address, email, company, nationality, function, biography, domains of interest.
6. Use, collection, process, record and transfer of personal date
6.1. Providing your personal data to Image&3D Europe and/or entering into a membership with the XR4ALL web portal, implies that you:
6.2. As a consequence, you expressly grant Image&3D Europe permission to use your personal data to:
- accomplish the Purpose set out under article 3.1;
- comply with applicable legislation;
- transfer this to subcontractors, partners and/or contracting parties for the execution of the foregoing points.
6.3. Image&3D Europe guarantees it does not transfer your personal data to third parties, with exception to subcontractors, partners or contracting parties for the achievement of the Purpose or the execution of the XR4ALL’s activities. In this context, Image&3D Europe is not responsible for the further processing of the personal data by these subcontractors, partners or contracting parties.
6.4. The XR4ALL stores the personal data for as long as is necessary to achieve the Purpose or exercise its activities.
7. Your rights
7.1. The Privacy Legislation provides you with a number of rights in relation to your personal data. You have the right, free of charge, to:
- accomplish the Purpose set out under article 3.1;
- have access to and receive a copy of your personal data;
- have your personal data corrected in case errors would occur;
- have your personal data erased;
- have the processing of your personal data restricted;
- have your personal data transferred to a third party;
- object against the processing of your personal data, in particular the processing in light of direct marketing purposes;
- withdraw your consent pursuant to which Image&3D Europe is allowed to process your personal data;
- lodge a complaint with the Commission for the Protection of Privacy (“Privacy Commission”) if you are of the opinion that the processing of your personal data breaches the Privacy Legislation.
7.2. In case you want to exercise the above rights, and provided you prove your identity, you can send a written, dated and signed request by mail to XR4ALL Secretariat, c/o Image&3D Europe, Rue Paradis 78, 4000 Liège Belgium or by email to contact@XR4ALL.eu.
8.1. Image&3D Europe commits to take all reasonable measures to its best ability to safeguard the protection of the personal data you provided through technical safety measures and an appropriate safety policy for its employees. Your personal data is stored on Image&3D Europe server. You acknowledge and accept that the transfer and storage of personal data is never without risk and thus consequently, the damage that you may suffer from the unlawful use of your personal data by third parties can never be collected from Image&3D Europe.
11. Applicable law and competent court
11.1. You agree that all disputes between you and Image&3D Europe regarding personal data and privacy issues, are exclusively subject to Belgian law, excluding any conflict of law principles.
11.2. Every dispute regarding personal data and privacy issues belongs to the exclusive jurisdiction of the French speaking courts of Brussels, Belgium, excluding any other court.